WAGE$ is a salary supplement program for early educators who meet education, pay, and longevity requirements. Its purpose is to decrease staff turnover and support educators who are working in a field with historically low pay.
Supplement amounts are determined based on the teacher’s education level. Teachers who increase their educational level may be eligible for a higher-level supplement. WAGE$ supplements are given twice a year, with the total amount split into two payments.
To qualify, you must
- Be employed in a licensed center, home, or NC Pre-K site in Randolph County
- Work directly with children ages birth-5 at least 10 hours per week
- Remain at that site for at least six months
- Earn below the income cap
- Have earned at least one NC Child Development Associate Credential
Complete the WAGE$ application and submit to Child Care Services Association. For more details, visit ChildCareServices.org .